The purpose of Battleground Community Church is to Glorify God through Christ-exalting worship as we grow together in biblical community while going with the gospel to all people(s).
"And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were being done through the apostles. And all who believed were together and had all things in common. And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing the proceeds to all, as any had need. And day by day, attending the temple together and breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved." Acts 2:42-47
“Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me.” Colossians 1:28-29
What are Small Groups?
Small Groups for Adults and Students are the primary means of Bible study and discipleship within Battleground Community Church and the launchpad to form and build Christ-centered, intentional relationships. These groups meet throughout the week in off-campus locations.
* January 2021 Update: Due to COVID-19 we have simplified locations for our Small Groups. Currently, we offer two Small Groups, one being online through Zoom, which starts at 3:30pm on Sunday afternoons. The second group meets at 5:30pm on campus at BCC. To connect with one of our current Small Groups, please click here.
What is the purpose of a Small Group?
Small Groups exist to accomplish our purpose to glorify God through growing in Gospel-centered community. This is accomplished when together we prioritize:
- Gospel-Centered Discipleship: Colossians 1:28: “Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.” Small Groups provide the context for sharing the Word of God and encouraging one another to grow into Christ-like maturity.
- Gospel-Centered Relationships: John 13:34-35: “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” Small Groups thrive when they share the love of Christ with one another as the redeemed community and with their neighbors.
- Gospel-Centered Mission: Matthew 28:19: “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.” Small Groups fulfill the great commission by sharing the gospel together with their neighbors and the nations.
- Growth in our biblical communities should produce: Gospel-Centered Multiplication
When do they meet?
All of our Small Groups meet off-campus. They meet on various days of the week.