Short-Term Global Disciple-Making Trips (less than two months)
Battleground Community's Short-Term Missions (STM) are trips less than 2 months in length and serve alongside Strategic Partners and Sent Workers. Not only do these trips help our partners, but they are sure to be life-changing for you as well. Our Father often uses these short-term trips to build one’s faith and instill a global understanding of lostness and need for the gospel.
- Follow Jesus. Mature as a follower of Christ. Show an understanding of the Gospel and the biblical command for the mission. (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Be committed. Participate as a member of Battleground Community Church or a like-minded church, or regularly attend and be registered for New Member EQUIP. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Be adaptable. Willingly conform to the customs of the culture, even if those customs are more strict than your own. (1 Cor 9:1-23)
- Be prepared. Commit to devoting the time and energy to the all trip responsibilities including, but not limited to, pre-trip equipping and post-trip evaluations. (1 Peter 3:15)
- Be in agreement. Affirm Battleground Community's Beliefs, Mission Strategy, and team objectives. (Romans 15:5-6)
- Choose a short-term trip.
- Click the trip that you are interested in below (It will be in blue), and fill out the registration, at least 4 months prior to the STM.
- Raise prayer and financial support. Send out support letters and/or make personal contributions. We require all funds 1 month prior to going.
- Attend all STM Equip meetings. Teams usually meet 4 times at 3 months, 2 months, 1 month, and 1 week before travel.
- Go. Serve the Lord alongside our partners.
- Attend post-trip evaluation. This debrief wraps up your experience and makes future trips more effective.
Short-Term Missions 2019 (STMs)
- March 21-24, 2019: Boston Vision Trip
- August 29-September 1: "Big Move Day." Purposeful and Intentional loving like Christ with City On A Hill Church with helping people move out of their homes.
Learn more about Boston and City On A Hill Church by clicking here.
- January 2019: Vision Trip to Maine
- June 24-28, 2019: Relational Evangelism
Learn more about Multiply Maine by clicking here.