What is BCO?
Battleground Community Outreach is a deacon led ministry of Battleground Community Church. The purpose of this ministry is to partner with local ministries to provide basic, non-perishable food items, clothings and basic necessities to those who find themselves in a difficult financial situation (1 John 3:17) or are in crisis.
While we desire to meet physical needs, we ultimately desire to develop relationships with people while introducing them to our Lord Jesus Christ.
How can I help?
- Join a Growth Group where we actively serve these local ministries.
- Donate non-perishable food, clothing, and basic toiletry items in the lobby of Battleground Community Church.
- Donate to the BCO Fund.
- Volunteer and support one of the local ministries we support:
- Kings Mountain Crisis Ministry
- Pregnancy Resource Center of Cleveland County
- Hospice of Cleveland County
Battleground Community Outreach Policy and Procedures
- Deacons will be in regular contact with selected local ministries to assess their most urgent needs.
- Deacons will communicate to the Associate Pastor what the needs are in written form so he can communicate them to our Growth Groups as well as in our regular communications schedule.
- Members will drop off items in Battleground Community Church' lobby.
- Deacons will dispense these donations to the local ministries or assign Growth Groups to do this as part of their serving in the community. However, they are the primary oversight.
- Deacons will also keep and organize some items for emergencies and urgent needs as needed.